Step by Step Guide to Register an NTN Number in Pakistan
Taxes are an individual’s contribution to the government funds which are used for providing public services. Every earning citizen has to pay a certain portion of their income in order to play their part in funding various public expenditures. In Pakistan people with an annual income of under Rs. 600,000 do not have to pay any income tax while those with an annual income of over Rs. 600,000 but under Rs. 1,200,000 have to pay 5% income tax on the amount exceeding Rs. 600,000. Neglecting to pay taxes might be punishable by law, which is why it is of great importance to be registered with the Federal Board of Revenue.
Thanks to technology you do not need to go anywhere to get registered with the Federal Board of Revenue. You can get your National tax Number in the comfort of your own home! Here is how you can do it:
- Firstly you should visit the FBR’s website.
- Next, click on the ‘register for income tax’ in the income tax box
It will lead you to this page:
- You need to open the Iris Portal which will take you to this login box
Here you have to select the green box for unregistered people, once done it will ask you to fill out a detailed form.
- Next, you have to enter all of the required personal details like your email, name, phone number, personal address, CNIC number and fill out a simple captcha test at the end.
- Once you click submit, the FBR will send you a code to your email and mobile number within ten minutes. Add the codes in their respective places.
- Once done, your account will be ready to use! Your personal password will be sent via email and sms and you will be able to enter it into the previously shown login box.
- Enter your Registration number and password and you will be logged into your very own FBR account
Now that you are registered with the FBR you can conveniently pay your income taxes online at any place and any time!
Push Digits Chartered Accountants provides tax consultancy services in Pakistan. We have over a decade of experience in taxation, accounting, and auditing. Our consultants not only ensure that you are compliant with the tax regulations in Pakistan, but also ensure that all the tax benefits are availed within the boundaries of the law. For any type of tax services, please contact us for a free consultation meeting.