Odoo ERP Software in Pakistan
If you’re a business owner, irrespective of the size of your operations, you may want a business management solution to help you in making your operations much more effective and efficient than they presently are. Companies across different business sectors and industries are using various business management tools and programs mainly due to their capability of simplifying and streamlining different business processes and procedures. If you’re also seeking to optimize your company’s operations and automate most of the common business processes, then the answer is Odoo ERP which is one of the best ERP software in Pakistan. It is easy to use, easy to customize, and an open source software capable of handling every type of business on the planet. From e-commerce to real estate, construction, trading, consultancy, project management, NGOs, to oil and gas all is fully covered in Odoo.
Push Digits Chartered Accountants has been providing accounting software and ERP implementation services in Pakistan for years. From a small store to large scale warehouses and factories, we have successfully implemented off the shelf as well as customized ERP solutions. Not only in Pakistan, we are well-known for providing quality audit, accounting, tax and ERP implementation services across different parts of the world. We are one of the Odoo’s leading partners both in Pakistan and the UAE. We have a team of highly qualified professionals that have experience of implementing Odoo ERP in any type of organization. From implementation to customization and data migration, our teams can handle all for you.
What is Odoo ERP?
It is a business management solution that is used for managing different business processes and functions. It is one of the most widely known ERP software in the world with hundreds and thousands of installations and downloads every day. It is available both in the cloud and on-premise. Odoo also provides its users with the opportunity to choose from thousands of different business modules and applications.
Odoo ERP has two versions:
i) The Enterprise Edition – This is a purchased version and it can be hosted via desktop or on the cloud
ii) The Community Edition – This is a free desktop-only version
The enterprise solution also offers its users the option to integrate with other business applications and platforms such as eBay, Amazon, QuickBooks, UPS and FedEx. It has a variety of functions, modules, and third party applications which allow users of all the different types of businesses to implement it in their business and manage their operations in a much more efficient and effective manner. Some of these business functions and modules are listed below:
- Website builder with Odoo content management system
- Inventory and warehouse management
- Manufacturing MRP
- Marketing, including apps for Social media, Marketing Automation and Email Marketing
- Project management
- Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
- Point of sale
- CRM (customer relationship management)
- Human resources, including apps for Employee Referral and Recruitment
- Helpdesk for customer support
Most Important Odoo ERP Modules
Now let’s briefly discuss some of the core Odoo ERP modules:
- CRM Module
- Accounts Module
- Manufacturing Module
- Inventory Module
- HR Module
Odoo offers its users with an intuitive user interface designed for sales and a dashboard that provides a broad overview of the client’s sales activities. Also, it recommends best practices and provides useful tips to enable clients to strategically configure their CRM.
The CRM Module provides the users with the tools and features to achieve the following:
- Maintain leads in the system
- Assign and swap leads between Sales Representatives
- Supervisors can prioritize leads (Leads Scoring)
- Convert Quote to Sales Order
- Maintain Logs and update status of leads
- Manage Sales Targets/Quota
- Manage after sales warranty via Sales Contract Management.
- Manage and verify warranty claim and validity
- Accept or reject warranty claim
- Generate and Update status of Quotations
- Create support tickets and escalations
- Manage after sales services
- Generate Sales Order based on warranty
- Support reps verify equipment survey and prepare estimates for cost and time
The Accounting module provide companies with all the accounting processes and tools that are needed within a business, including financial reporting, cash management, accounts payable and receivable, taxes and bank reconciliations.
Odoo accounts module also offers its users with the option of multi-currency function designed for helping companies in recording foreign transactions.
The accounting module provides the users with the tools and features to perform the following:
- Setup chart of accounts, bank accounts, currencies, vendors, receivables, taxes and tax rules
- Release payments in accordance to the payment terms
- Keep track of outstanding customer invoices as well as vendor and other payments
- Prepare payment vouchers
- Implement approval process of payment vouchers
- Track receipt by instrument type (Cheque, Pay Order, Cash, etc.)
- Prepare cash and bank receipts, journal voucher entries and payments through bank or cash
- Settle invoices with receipt voucher(s)
- Manage expenses and alerts on expenses
- Track and manage Assets
- Prepare budgets and perform budget vs actual analysis
- Bank statement reconciliation
- Generate balance sheet, profit and loss report, cash flow report, trial balance, general ledgers, accounts receivable and payable ageing reports, tax deductions report, etc.
The manufacturing module of the ERP solution easily integrates with other important Odoo modules and applications including Quality Maintenance and PLM. This module offers its users with a work center control panel that provides important information about work orders such as their progress, instructions for a particular work order, etc. Using this module, quality checks can be implemented, process alerts can be constructed and serial numbers can be recorded.
The manufacturing module provides the users with the tools and features to do the following:
- Management of products into assembly lines
- Planning of the manufacturing process together with the rescheduling option
- Planning labour and other production costs
- Generate work orders/repair orders
- Generate multi-level bill of materials
- Calculate assembly cost
- Resource and shift planning
- Receive inventory against work and repair orders
- Generate preventative as well as corrective maintenance requests
- Setup quality checks and manage work flow
Odoo Inventory Management
The inventory module of the solution offers the users to fully trace all of their inventory items. It allows the users to manage inventory operations on a daily basis, including receiving inventory items, transferring inventory items, adjustments, and the delivery of inventory items through the use of barcode technology. Further, this module provides its users with multiple inventory reporting and valuation tools, via both standard and custom dashboards.
The inventory module of Odoo provides the users with the tools and features to do the following:
- Setup Master Data (factories, warehouses, categories, items,)
- Setup Products as simple, packaged or as variants
- Setup Procurement rules
- Receive inventory items into locations
- Manage stock reservations
- Manage internal transfers
- Calculate landed costs
- Scrap/Waste Management
- Generate and track lots and serial numbers
- Generate barcodes
- Create delivery orders and gate pass
- Generate stock assessment reports (FIFO, CUMPS, etc.)
- Generate stock valuation and ledger
With the Odoo HR module, businesses will have a database where all the information related to their employees can be stored.
The HR Module provides the users with the tools and features to do the following:
- Setup departments, employee type, leaves and reporting lines
- Setup salary rules and appraisals
- Manage the recruitment process
- Payroll is generated via basic salary, attendance, loans, deductions and incentives
- Manage timesheets, holidays & leaves, import attendance from attendance machine (ZKTeco supported)
- Generate and print pay slips
This module of the ERP allows companies to develop their online shopping experience by choosing one out of the several templates for their website and customize it accordingly to display their product range. This module can also be utilized by businesses wanting to sell digital products and services.
Odoo e-commerce offers its users with the level of experience that is expected from a very good online sales platform, with user and guest registration, a live chat, customer portal and a search system. Customers can compare different products and can also add different products and services in their bucket.
This module is integrated with shipping and payment system. Customers can pay using different means such as Adyen, Paypal, Ingenico and Buckaroo. Once, the payment is made, there are range of shipping carriers who you can choose for delivering your product.
Odoo Project Management
The Project Management module of this ERP solution helps businesses in managing multiple projects and resources using tools such as gantt chart, calendar, pivot table analysis, kanban and graph. It also helps in forecasting future resources based on the requirements of future projects to ensure efficiency, project timelines and resource requirements can also be accurately analyzed and managed based on the data of similar previous projects. This module provides the resources allocated on a specific project with the option to enter the time spent on that project using the timesheet feature.
The reporting and analysis feature enables report generation of projects, analysis of the project realization against forecasted time and cost, progress by stage and billable hours. Dashboards can be pre-defined or customized to ensure information is useful to an organization at each stage of a project.
Odoo Third-Party Extensions
Like other ERPs, Odoo provides its partners and users with third party extensions and that too through its own app store. It offers smooth and seamless integration with apps such as QuickBooks, Amazon, Whatsapp to help you in extending the functionality of your ERP. Odoo is the only ERP software in Pakistan that provides such a massive number of third party extensions to cover every function and process of your organization.
The third-party apps include apps for the following:
- Data Migration
- Asset Management
- Budget Management
- Product Lifecycle Management
- Stock Picking
- Sales Order Automation
Salient Features of Odoo ERP
- Odoo ERP has more than 7 Million users worldwide with over 1200 partners in 110 countries.
- Built on latest technology opening the door to adapt easily to integrations and customizations.
- Provides a wide range of business processes and functions which makes it comparable to other top tier ERP solutions.
- Open Source code framework which brings together an enthusiastic community of users.
- Adaptable with little to no customization for SME users while supporting integrations and customizations for large businesses.
- Cost effective for both SME’s and large corporations.
- Gives developers the tools to easily incorporate business rules.
- Provides controls to help ensure compliance, security and quality.
- Odoo’s unique value proposition is to be at the same time easy to use and fully integrated.
Benefits of Using Odoo ERP
The benefits of employing Odoo at your premises are as follows
- Easy to use
- Free trial for 15 days and free “Community” version available
- Low-cost when purchasing fewer number of modules
- Can be easily customized
- Offers a variety of Odoo apps and functions and also permits integration with many third-party apps and platforms such as eBay, FedEx, Whatsapp, and more.
- A massive range of Odoo video tutorials to help the user in familiarizing and using the system
How to Implement & Use Odoo?
Odoo offers a one-hour getting started video to its users so that to help them in learning about the Odoo ERP system. Odoo has uploaded several videos for all its applications like eLearning and Helpdesk on its website. As dsicussed earlier, odoo offers its users a demo with a 15-day free trial so that to help the new users in better understanding the software and how it works.
How Can Push Digits Help You in Odoo ERP Implementing in Pakistan?
Our Odoo team in Pakistan and other parts of the world has implemented and customized Odoo in alot of organizations operating in different business sectors and industries. Our services include onsite and offsite consultation. We offer one time consultation (free of cost) to understand your business as well as your business needs and accordingly recommend an implementation plan. From BRS automation to billing automation to 3-way matching of your business expenses, we make anything and everything possible. Contact us today to find out more.